About our client
Our client is a Leeds based Software start-up that has developed a next-generation online rate management and cost comparison tool that is extremely configurable, allowing forwarders, hauliers and product owners to get digital freight pricing in seconds that increases productivity and profitability.
They have a TEAM based culture that thrives on innovation and creates a positive working environment built on trust, respect and honesty.
- Lead Software Developer with the ambition, drive and personality to become the future CTO and Board Member reporting to the Executive Director responsible for Product Development.
- Initially to work closely with the Executive Director and developer of the MVP in order to take the lead responsibility and become the driving force behind the future development of the platform
- To support our customers in the onboarding process and ongoing development, management and maintenance of the platform.
- To complete the implementation of a thorough component and e-2-e testing suite and associated documentation.
- To work closely with the team to understand the customers’ needs & requirements in order to develop a product road map.
- To configure the platform, bespoke to the requirements of each customer. Developing the existing tools enabling the upload of services, rates, charges and mapping out the geography.
- To constantly improve the software platform assessing the value of customer feedback/requirements and in line with the product road map.
- To work on implementing interfaces with 3rd party platforms such as TMS and accounting system.
- To help customers deal with any issues they experience with the platform.
- To help educate customers on how to manage and maintain aspects of the platform themselves.
- To write and develop help screens and tutorials inside the platform where appropriate or required To regularly stay up to date with competing platforms and decipherer how the platform is superior to the competition. To help design and manage a product road map with associated timelines
- To produce reports and key information on the platform and to provide weekly and monthly reports to the Board on platform activity, technical issues, development opportunities.
The Successful Candidate
- Ability to develop or substantially contribute to the development of a complete SaaS platform. Thorough knowledge of Typescript and the implementation of RxJS.
- Experience with implementing 3rd party APIs. Excellent communication skills, written and spoken and attention to detail. The ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Proven experience in the development of Angular, React, Vue or Ionic frameworks with thorough knowledge of their test suites. Experience of working as part of a team whilst being a remote worker.
- Knowledge of basic Ubuntu administration. Experience with databases such as POSTGRES, MySQL or SQL and of implementing containers such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of the logistics industry, software development and the SaaS business model.
- Highly Ambitious, driven and self-motivated and has a desire to be part of a growing business from startup to market leader
Starting Salary – Up to £35k package including pension & participation in a future Employee Share Option Scheme